Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Our first ER visit

Serena smashed her thumb in a heavy oak cabnet...it was awful to see her thumb stuck and me having to come open it to get her thumb out. There was lots of blood! We took her to a local ER where she needed 9 stitches in her little thumb. It was so sad! The worst part of all this is trying to keep a bandage on to keep it clean. We wrap it for meals, only take sponge baths, no swimming or gymnastics for a few weeks, it just sucks!! And Sean and I go in tomorrow to the hospital for me to have a C-section. Our poor little baby and her owie!! Bleeding through already.This was the first dressing change, since then it has turned much more purple.



I'm pretty sure she is going to loose this nail.




2 comments:

TM :) said...

Poor serena!! those pictures just look horrible, they make me hurt:( Remember to post lots of pictures of the new little one. We miss you!

Russ & Emily said...

My poor baby! Hope she's feeling better. Keep me updated when little Mr Seth enters the world. I can't wait! Tell your family hello and I'm sorry I'm missing this birth. I was so tempted to jump on a plane when you thought your parents might not make it because of the weather. Love you guys!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker